Wednesday 9 September 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge #18

Yesterday was such a sad day.  It was the funeral of my uncle David.  It hadn't really sunk in until yesterday.  We didn't see much of him over the past few years since he was first diagnosed with cancer.  Before then he was a window cleaner in town and I used to see him more or less daily.  I'd always stop and talk, even if it was just to shout "you've missed a bit" at him.  He had been in remission until very recently, unfortunately this time it had got hold of his lungs and kidneys and there was nothing they could do.  Now I'd held it together very well, until after the burial that was. I went to see the flowers and I saw the ones from myself and a couple of my cousins.  My cousin had come up with a lovely message from us and just seeing what she had said, it hit me, he was gone.  I can't remember the exact words but it was something about him now being with nan, grandad, my other uncle (his brother who died very young) and my cousin (his son).  Although I looked at all the other flowers, I just couldn't read the cards as it would just set me off again.
Anyway on to happier things and a card!
I loved the sketch over at The Sugar Bowl.  I do like using lots of layers! I love how this card turned out.  I didn't add a sentiment to this card as I like to make a few cards without and add them to my box in case somebody needs a card last minute and I have nothing already made with sentiments suitable.  Again I used up some old papers and I still have a bit left!

Supplies:
Image - Gorjuss Girls by Sugar Nellie
Paper - I can't remember, I think its imaginisce
Tools - Butterfly Punch
Other - Flowers, brad and pearls from stash

4 comments:

cardsandacuppa said...

So sorry for your loss.
Love the card, great paper and fab colouring,
Hugs Sarah-Jane xx

Riet said...

Beautiful Claire.

Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is gorgeous dear, just love the image and the papers, so sorry about your uncle dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Lilian said...

I am sorry for your loss. Sometimes, it's the little things we remember. Don't worry he's in a better place now and no more suffering.

Your card is just gorgeous. Love the color combo and the super cute image you used. Thanks for joining the SB challenge and hope to see you in the next one too. Have a wonderful day!